This is my blog about my life, love and the pursuit of all things crafty...or whatever else I want

This is my blog about my life, love and the pursuit of all things crafty...or whatever else I want

background

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Challenge #6: Dear Me,

The challenge: If you could write a letter and send it to yourself when you were younger, what would you say?
Dear 16 year-old me-
Just thought I’d let you in on a couple of secrets that will help you out later on.
-School is beneficial and college even more so. Stick with it.
-Rejection is part of life. Finding the right path after is SO worth it.
-Watch out for left hand turns.  They will haunt you for life. But keep at them.
-Measure twice, cut once.(This applies to EVERYTHING you do)
-There are nice people out there. Keep being one of them.
-You won’t make choir as a Junior in High School, but your amazing daughter will tell you “Good Job, Mama” whenever you sing to her.  It’s a gazillion times better.
-Yep, I said ‘daughter’. Put aside the bad thoughts about marriage and family-they are awesome!
-Keep at the spiritual side of things.  Sometimes it’s hard, but keep at it.  Going to church, the scriptures and the Temple are so helpful.
-You truly are creative.  Stop trying to hide it.
-In a word, CONFIDENCE.  You waste years lacking it.  GET IT! You can actually accomplish so much more than you ever thought possible.
-Don’t let bad/sad thoughts rule your life.
-Don’t live life through guilt.
-Be happy. Smile. Laugh.  Do and Be those things as often as possible.

Good luck,
Me

2 comments:

  1. And a quick P.S. from your most favoritist person Bri!!

    (For future reference) People love you and Andrew and your sweet, cute, awesome kids more than you realize...accept more compliments from them and help from them and sometimes...just let them spoil you rotten!! That is all...for now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post, Sam!!! I miss you. We need a girls night out ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete